Saturday, July 23, 2011

Looking for trouble

I had a thought this week that some people are just looking for trouble. Most people would say 'well duh', but I am thinking deeper than the obvious on this. how many times do we hear about someone who 'has everything'? Let's face it, most of the time you hear about them because they have done something stupid and now face losing all or some of what they had. Some would say that trouble finds them because everyone want what they have. Others would say that they find trouble because they have over sized 'it will never happen to me' egos. I propose a third alternative that there is something in all of us that does not allow us to feel right if there is not some drama in our lives. The urge may be stronger for some and there may be others who fall into categories one or two before this even kicks in. Nevertheless, it is there, waiting for things to get too comfy and then take over. I could list examples large and small, but you all know them as well as I do. Do we crave a certain amount of chaos? Are we hardwired for this?

Am I asking for trouble just by opening up the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment