Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Perspective

Had a challenging day at work - typical stuff: stress from the boss, too much work, too little time, clients that will not answer or return calls. Frustration sets in and I get to gripping the steering wheel and the phone that much tighter. Then I get the call - buddy in another location that asks if I heard about the accident involving one of our trucks Monday afternoon. Everyone is alive, but it could have been MUCH worse. Horrible, scary and totally avoidable. Then I start feeling slightly embarassed for wasting emotional energy on the small stuff when people I know are dealing with much more serious situations. Why do we have such difficulty keeping perspective on a day in - day out basis? It seems to ebb and flow with whatever is going on at the time rather than being measured on a fixed scale. This is the real challenge of my day - finding a way to keep perspective today, tommorrow and beyond. Something to work on now once.

No comments:

Post a Comment