Thursday, November 19, 2009

Just me and my boys.

Today I was blessed to be able to spend the entire day with my sons. With my hectic work schedule I it is rare that I take a day off that does not involve travel, getting ready for travel or work around the house. Today was different since my job was to 'keep the kids entertained' while my lovely wife did last minute prep for a conference this weekend. Good news is, I have this job for three more days. These are the days that make fatherhood the best job on the planet - talking to my sons, watching them use their imaginations in wonderful ways, seeing how much they have grown, being able to help them when they get frustrated and getting the spontaneous hugs that kids give just because 'you are my dad'. I know it will not always be this way, that some day they will barely notice me as they are on their way out the door with their friends, but today is today and I had that rare moment to take it all in without an overriding schedule of places and things. Just me and my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment