Sunday, December 27, 2009

Chistmas, New Year & my last resolution.

Christmas:
Well, the snow came, I worked about 60 hours in 4 days, came home exausted with a cold and completely not ready for Christmas (which came right on schedule a few days after). Christmas was wonderful and filled with loving family, good food, and the wonderful smiles of children who believe in Santa. The last week went so fast that I almost feel like I missed a day or two in there.
New Year:
A wise singer once wrote the following lyric - 'Guess I'll make a resolution, that I'll never make another one, just enjoy this ride on my trip around the sun.' I would be foolish to assume that Jimmy Buffet has it all figured out, but I am with him on this one. Resolutions are too easily caught up in the day-to-day craziness that is life and then we are left feeling like we failed or let ourselves down. I see the new year as an opportunity to be a better Father, Husband, co-worker and person that I was before. If I focus on this big picture, it will be easier to do all the little things that are usually wrapped up in 'resolutions'.
Last Resolution:
I encourage everyone to join me in proclaming the last resolution:

"I resolve to never make another resolution"

Feels good, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment